This bulletin board reflects our school-wide efforts to provide academic, social, and character education for our early adolescent learners. Here at John Glenn Middle School our faculty, staff and students are continuously reminded to have a HEART. Our middle school focus specifically includes characteristics of honor, empathy, acceptance, responsibility and tenacity as the components of HEART:
Honor: We act in a manner which displays respect and integrity.
Empathy: We understand and reflect upon the feelings of others
Acceptance: We accept all individuals and groups regardless of our differences.
Responsibility: We take responsibility for our own actions, the well-being of others, our environment, and our community.
Tenacity: We act with persistence, determination, and grit.
- "I am thankful for my family"
- "I'm thankful that my grandfather is still with me. Cancer almost took him a few months ago."
- "Some things I'm thankful are... having a family, having a house, food, friends, teachers, going to school"
- "I am thankful for everything that I have"
- "I am thankful for having a roof over my head and food"
- "I am thankful for family, friends, pets, fun, sports, food, a home, teachers, school, experiences, toys"
- "Some things I'm thankful for is family, friends, an education, food, and everything that I have but don't need"
- "I am really thankful for my family and friends for being there for me and always encouraging me and making me happy. I am also thankful for my two dogs who always cheer me up when I am sad"
- "I'm thankful for the wonderful teachers we have at JGMS"