Relay For Life is the signature fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Relay is staffed and coordinated by volunteers in more than 5,200 communities and 27 countries. Volunteers give of their time and effort because they believe it's time to take action against cancer.
According to the Relay for Life website, 1 in 3 women and 1 in 2 men in the U.S. will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. One of those people could be you or someone you love. That's why we Relay. When you join a Relay For Life event, you're helping the American Cancer Society fund groundbreaking research, crucial patient care programs, and education and prevention information. When you Relay, you help save lives.
More information about Relay for Life can be found here:
Bedford Sponsorship Relay Letter
Why we Relay in Bedford
- “I Relay because a number of cancers run in my family and have deeply affected many people I love. I want to make a change in not only the future of my family’s health, but all of those who are affected by cancer.”
- “I Relay for my dad who's a two time cancer survivor and for my aunt who is currently battling. I hope that someday I will be able to see a world that is free of cancer.”
- “I Relay for my mother and grandfather who, thanks to amazing treatment and doctors, are still here today. I hope for a world where more families can beat the odds and cancer is nonexistent.”
- “I Relay for my loved ones within my family, but also for family friends who have fought a battle against cancer. I dream of seeing a world with more birthdays, and to see a cure for cancer."
- “I Relay for my family and friends who have fought hard against cancer, and to help aid in cancer research and fundraising."
- “I Relay for my family members and friends who have battled against cancer. I Relay because every person is somehow affected by cancer and I want to help change that.”
- “I Relay for my grandfather who is a cancer survivor and my aunt who is a two time survivor. I want to see that one day cancer is not in our world and want to be part of helping end it.”