The 2017 MSLA contest allows students to create authentic illustrated bookmarks according to the following guidelines:
- Submissions must be 9.84” X 3” in size
- ALL ARTWORK MUST BE ORIGINAL. This applies to BOTH hand-drawn and digital works. NO licensed characters may be used (from books, tv, movies, comics, etc).
- Use of recognizably licensed artwork will result in disqualification.
- Use markers, crayons, pens, pencils, pastels (note: gel pens do
not copy well)
- Digital artwork allowed for Grades 4-12
- The deadline for entry is January 13, 2017.
- If you have additional questions, please speak with the JGMS school librarian, Ms. McGraw.
- All bookmarks must address the theme of the contest “SCHOOL LIBRARIES…BEYOND THE BINDING”. The theme can include the one or more of the five following elements or guiding questions.
- Celebrate your School Library program by designing a bookmark that shows the many activities, lessons and experiences that your School Librarian teaches in your school library.
- What new and exciting things have you been learning?
- How has your School Librarian helped your school keep up with 21st Century learning?
- What has been your favorite experience?
- What makes your Library program special?
- DIVISION III: Grades 4 to 6
- DIVISION IV: Grades 7 to 12